Friday, November 12, 2010

Singin' sweet songs of melodies pure and true

I'm thankful for friends that listen. 
I'm thankful for sympathy and kindness when I need it. I'm thankful for friends who show grace and understanding when I offer none to myself. 
I'm thankful for the Lord and His promises to me. I am thankful for His love and even though there are plenty of times when I seem to think it is not enough, I know there are just as many times when I know in my heart that it IS enough.
I'm thankful for fun, and friends that indulge in the fun with me and we can be free and not judge one another for having a drink or being honest about something. (But also knowing there is a line not to cross and keeping one another mindful of it ;)

Even in my sadness and confusion I can find peace and that peace is always rooted in the Lord. Even if that peace does not come directly from the Bible, prayer, or what have you it always at least indirectly comes from Him. 
I'm working through a lot & I tend to get frustrated when it takes me a while to overcome something but I know there is a rainbow at the end of the storm (maybe even a double...what does it mean?!?!)

So for this weekend I will be okay with not having everything together or not understanding people or my life and just be thankful. I have a lot to be thankful for.

(p.s.- it totally did not cross my mind when writing this post that it is a week until Thanksgiving. HAH how appropriate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment