Monday, May 13, 2013

Italia

      Italy is but a whisper. A dream I am hoping will be awoken into reality. I have never felt this way about a place before. Well, about an international place that is.

      I know that I might have an idealistic, overly romantic notion of Italia...but...I don't know...could it all be true? I mean the culture, the food, the people, the warmth, the color, the food, the history, the food...it is all so enticing. And most people who have visited have very positive reports.

      I am drawn to the people just as much as everything else. They seem like my kinda people. Our neighbor (who is also our landlord) is 100% Italian. Lived in the states here for like 50 years and his English is still pretty rusty, his Italian accent in full force. He is a kind man, full of life and such a hard worker. I went over to their house to ask for more delicious organic tomatoes that he grows on a ranch in East county. We ended up talking and he literally cries at one point telling me about his heart transplant and how he prayed to some saint and is healthy now. It was so adorable. I told him how much I want to learn Italian and how I want to try his wife's delicious, authentic, Italian cooking.
He is from Napoli. Even the name is dreamy.

      Anyway, my heart aches for a real abundant trip to Italy. With no limits, going to all the cities I want. Getting a rich experience, meeting people, enjoying long lunches, diving into the sea, drinking wine, enjoying both the city life and most definitely the countryside.
Napoli, Florence, Tuscany, Venice, etc.

Some day. Oh Lord, please, some day

1 comment:

  1. let's talk about italy when we next see each other! talk. a lot. about italy. that would be raddd....

    ReplyDelete