Friday, December 20, 2013

today: gratitude

Lately when I am asked "how are you doing?" I never quite know how to respond. From the outside I lead a blessed life (truth), but inside I'm like a dryer: tossing around my emotions, struggles, and victories. And sometimes those thing are banging on the door of my chest.

TODAY, however, on the last day of school before Christmas break (YEE HAW), I feel much gratitude toward Life, and the Creator of said Life. 

I am thankful for students who give me jars of m&m's and fuzzy socks as christmas presents. 

I am thankful for [free] chocolate croissants that are warmed up until the chocolate oozes out. 

I am thankful for women on my faculty who are kind and make me laugh. 

I am thankful for friends who walk through the *figurative* dirt of life with me. 

I am thankful that Target had The Family Stone (a fav movie of mine) in the $5 section!!!

And lastly, I am thankful for texts from friends (Fawell) that remind me to meditate on the hope I have through Jesus Christ. 

As one of my favorite blogs says: 
            Here's to gratitude and how it turns everything into enough!

2 comments:

  1. Kell, I miss you. Come visit me. I'll buy you chocolate croissants and take you out to coffee and let you play with my "sweet" children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than finding your favourite movies in the $5 section. What a bargain!
    Gratitude is so important and thank you for sharing yours.

    - Teagan Kahla

    ReplyDelete