Friday, June 28, 2013

Dos dias


Two days. 

Two days before I embark upon this month-long trip to a foreign country. It won't really hit me until I step off of that plane onto Spanish ground. I'll be honest, I get scared thinking about it. I am not sure what I am scared of exactly. Actually, that's not true. In this moment I am only scared of getting from the Alicante airport to the small town of Altea all on my own. Figuring out the bus system, the currency, etc. I keep reminding myself that I am an adult. Basically. ish. 

You know what, though? I am ready for this. (ready-ish) I just want to get there and start serving the Lord. But I also want to get there and not be all about "doing". Lord, teach me the balance of just "being" and also "doing" your work. Break the unhealthy patterns I have developed...like caring so much what others think. And depending on my comfortable, American life. I want to be free. Use this month for big things in my faith, God. I am desperate for change. 

Two days until I am in Altea, Spain on the coast of the Mediterranean with like 15 other people in my group ready to read the Bible together, meet new people, and say YES. Yes to relationships that can lead to sharing about Jesus. Yes to going outside of my comfort zone, for the sake of trusting God more. Yes to letting God love me just as I am, faults and all. 

Dos dias. YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment