Tuesday, April 16, 2013

On recipe blogging?

Tonight was a classic. 

I went for a run around Dad's neighborhood (I'm house sitting). 
His neighborhood is filled with adorable houses with budding and booming flowers in every garden, walkway and stoop. I actually considered stopping to just walk & take it all in. Tomorrow night. 
It is always a good idea to follow any good run with a home cooked meal {whilst listening to Of Monsters and Men if you want to literally recreate my evening}

Here was mine, you must try. 
Disclaimer: If one could marry a grocery store then I would be down on one knee in front of Trader Joe's faster than you can say 'organic granola'. 
All of these ingredients should come from TJs. I also had extra leftover- HELLO LUNCH TOMORROW & THURSDAY!

Cold Couscous Salad 

Cous Cous (I used Trader Joe's Israeli Cous Cous) 
Chicken broth (or vegetable broth) instead of water when cooking the couscous 
Then refrigerate. 

After it is cold, add:

cucumber slices 
bell peppers or tomato slices (I splurged & bought those beautiful brown Kumato tomatoes)
mozzarella (or feta; I prefer mozz)
Trader Joe's bruschetta sauce tub 
fresh basil
lemon juice

VOILA! It's delicious. Plus, I ate mine with this amazing dessert wine from TJ's. #NailedIt



No comments:

Post a Comment